Registering for VAT & RCT

In order to register for VAT & RCT, Boards of Management must make a paper application using the TR1 form. However, if the school uses the services of a tax agent, then this person may complete the registration process online via ROS.

How to complete a TR1 form

To register, print out the form, fill in sections A2, A3, A4 AND C, D and or E, and ensure it is signed by the Board. It should then be posted to your local Revenue office. You can find a sample form here.

Once registered for VAT & RCT, the school can make online returns using ROS. Allow up to two weeks to complete the registration process.

If you need any further information please email or phone (01) 9104020.